Name: Ball Tag
Number of players: 8 - 30
Age group: 7+
Necessary equipment: 1 ball
Possible other equipment: Cones (to mark off playing area), Bibs (to mark different teams)
How to Play
- Split the group into 2 teams.
- One team is given the ball.
- The attacking team must try to tag members of the other team with the ball. Players must be holding the ball in order to tag another player.
- Players may not move while holding the ball.
- The defending team can intercept the ball at any time. They then become the attacking team.
- Players who are tagged are out.
To make this a self-replicating game, allow players who are out to return to the game when their team gets an intercept.
- Ball Handling
- Strategy: Let the game play for a few minutes, then stop the game and ask the teams to get together to strategise.